The College has opted to submit 100% of its eligible staff to the REF. Therefore, if you are on a teaching and research contract in the academic job family with an FTE above 0.3, you will be eligible. If you are on a research only contract, then a REF specific process of interpretation of research independence must be undertaken to determine whether you are eligible for REF. If you have an FTE between 0.2 and 0.29, you may be eligible but will need to demonstrate a substantive connection to the College.

Next: Part 3: The process for identifying research independence