REF Equality committee
As stated in the College Code of Practice for REF 2021, all individuals involved with making decisions must be aware of their personal responsibility for fairness and equality of opportunity.
Responsibilities and membership
The REF Equality Committee at the College is charged with a specific equality remit. Its role will be to provide a level of extra scrutiny and to challenge and question decisions made to ensure that they have been made with due regard to equality and fairness.
Members of this committee are distinct from those of the REF Strategy Group. The REF Equality Committee members are listed below:
- Assistant-Provost Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Chair)
- Associate Professor of Economics, former Chair of the Business School Diversity Committee (2016-2019),
- Head of Experimental Solid State Physics, former Consul for the Faculty of Natural Sciences (2016-2019)
- Professor of Biofluid Mechanics & Director of the Graduate School, former Consul for the Faculty of Engineering and the Business School (2016-2019)
- Professor of Experimental Medicine, Senior Consul for the College
- Deputy Director Organisational Development and Inclusion (HR)
- Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Centre (EDIC)