New Open General Export Licence

A new open general export licence (OGEL) allowing the export of dual-use items (with both a civilian and military application) from the UK to EU member states and the Channel Islands has been issued.

This licence will come into force if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You don’t need a licence to export dual-use items to EU member states or the Channel Islands before this date.

If you wish to benefit from this licence you will need to register through SPIRE, the Export Control Joint Unit’s (ECJU’s) electronic licensing system, stating where you will keep records of the exports or transfers and where the ECJU may inspect them.