Call for panel members
We are now inviting applications from our community to join the review panels for Imperial's UKRI IAA, which will assess and make funding recommendations for applications made to each of our four, exciting, new theme-based opportunities.
Deadline for applications for the first call is midday 26 April 2022.
A second call may be issued if we have not recruited a sufficient number of panel members or require specific expertise.
First call for panel members
Under the new UKRI Impact Acceleration Account and reflecting our own College Strategy, applications will be invited to the following four strategic themes:
- Innovation for a Healthy Society
- Innovation for a Resilient Society
- Innovation for a Smart Society
- Innovation for a Sustainable Society
Please note, the Healthy Society Panel is searching for particular expertise in:
- Chemical biology/biotech
- Medical devices
Panel member expectations
Panel member expectations:
- Panel members should have experience of translating their research towards creating impact for relevant end user communities.
- Applicants should hold either an academic contract or be in receipt of a long-term personal fellowship.
- Panel members will be expected to attend two panels per year, panels will last approximately 2-3 hours. Dates will be confirmed significantly in advance. These panels will be held virtually or on College campuses. Panel members will still be able to apply to the IAA with conflicts managed as appropriate.
- Panel members will be expected to review and score a selection of approximately 10 proposals submitted. These scores are used to generate a ranked list for each application round.
- Consider applicant rebuttals
- Participate in discussions and make funding recommendations based on the ranked list, rebuttal and panel feedback of all proposals submitted to that round under that theme.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed by the UKRI IAA Senior Management Group (Vice Provost (Research and Enterprise), and Faculty Vice-Deans (Research)). Selection will be made based on expertise, experience, and location and EDI principles.
Applicants will be informed of decisions by 24 May 2022.