Imperial’s Code of Conduct: attending College during COVID-19
‘Protect and Respect’
Your safety is our top priority. The College has introduced a Code of Conduct for everyone to help ensure the wellbeing of our community. It should be followed by contractors and visitors too.
What is the Code of Conduct for? It sets out the behaviours everyone should follow on all College premises to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must follow this Code alongside any other health and safety information provided by the College. The Code of Conduct cannot cover all eventualities, so you should use your common sense, and be responsible for your actions at Imperial.
2. Self-isolate if you develop symptoms or test positive - if you or a member of your household display any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you test positive for COVID-19 remain at home. Students should log this information on My Imperial and staff should inform their line manager. If you are self-isolating in halls of residence, additional support is available.
4. Wash your hands frequently – when you arrive on any College premises and frequently throughout the day wash your hands and use hand sanitiser.
5. Follow health and safety measures - wear a face covering that covers your nose and the mouth while you are on any of our campus, including in outside spaces, and follow all health and safety measures that you are advised about by your department. You can find detailed guidance about face coverings and how to let us know if you are exempt from wearing a face covering on our website.
6. Contact us if you are worried - email the Safety team if you have any concerns for confidential support.
8. Consider other people’s circumstances - be aware that some people cannot wear a face covering for specific reasons, such as health issues, and mindful that face coverings can affect face-to-face communication.
9. Avoid unnecessary travel to and around campuses - only visit our campuses to attend scheduled and permitted activities and follow prescribed routes. Avoid using lifts or moving between multiple locations on campus. Lifts are reserved for priority users and capacity is restricted.