Terms and conditions
The EU's new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR is now in effect.
Who is eligible to attend our programmes
Students are not eligible to attend our courses and programmes. Our provision is dedicated to the development of staff.
Our priority is to train our own staff (including casual staff) and we tailor our workshops to suit their needs. However, we also welcome applications from:
- Imperial College NHS Trust staff whose staff may attend at the same fee rate as internals (normally no fee)
- External organisations (including other NHS Trusts) and individuals, who may attend courses not deemed ‘internal only’. In such cases, the full external rate will apply and will be charged in advance. Note that all applicants must be resident within the UK.
Whilst we will aim to provide places to external applicants on all relevant programmes, priority will be given to the needs of internal staff.
Confirmation and joining instructions
Please ensure you have your manager's approval before booking on a course.
You will normally receive confirmation that you have been booked on to a course by email. Joining instructions will normally be issued two weeks prior to the course. These emails sender ID is:
email@example.com (Please note that this address is not monitored and does not accept incoming emails)
Please ensure that you are available for the full duration of the course. Late arrivals will be admitted at the discretion of the course leader. If you arrive too late to join the class, your place will be forfeited and you may incur a cancellation fee (see 'Cancellations' below).
What do I do if I can’t attend a course?
Email the course coordinator and let them know the name and date of the course. The coordinator’s contact details are given in your booking confirmation and joining instructions emails.
Alternatively, you can:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org although it may take longer for your email to get to the right person.
- For Safety Training courses please email email@example.com.
- For Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre courses please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Finance Training courses please email Finance-Training@imperial.ac.uk
Please ensure that you receive acknowledgment of your cancellation request – College Employees can also check their Training History via ‘My Training’ to see up-to-date enrolments.
You may be asked for additional details if you are cancelling less than 5 working days before a course when a cancellation charge will apply (see below).
Waiting Lists for Our Courses
If you would like to attend one of our LDC courses, most course pages have a "waitlist" online form.
- For courses subject to eligibility (Leadership and Management courses), please submit an L&M booking form, as we will need to check that you qualify to attend before placing your name on our interest list.
- The following 2 courses also have specific booking forms: Training the trainer, Preparing to take your pension.
- For all Finance courses, email Finance-Training@imperial.ac.uk to express your interest in a course (for yourself or for your team) – please include the full course name and if you are interested in a particular date.
We may be able to suggest alternatives, or in some cases, contact you if a space becomes available.
If a cancellation is made less than 5 working days before the course (For example, cancellations for courses taking place on a Monday should be received no later than the Monday of the previous week in order to avoid a charge), the following charges apply:
Cancellation fees do not apply in cases of extenuating circumstances.
1. Courses without a fee (internal only) unless specified in section 3
- Full-Day(s) - £100 per day
- Half-Day (3 hours or more) - £50
- Less than Half Day - £25
2. Courses with a fee: the full course fee will be charged.
Individuals paying for their own course can also cancel within 7 days of booking on the course or up to 5 working days before the course.
3. Courses with different conditions:
Biosafety Practitioner (Level 1)
For this particular programme, cancellation charges apply as follows:
- After the advertised closing date: 50% of the course fee for external delegate; £200 for internal delegate
- Less than 5 working days before the course starts: 100% of the course fee for external delegate; £ 400 for internal delegates
Cryogenic Gases and Decanting Liquid Nitrogen and Compressed Gases and Connecting Gas Regulators
For these particular programmes, cancellation charges apply as follows:
- If a delegate cancels the course 5 days prior to the first day of the course then a £50 cancellation fee will be charged.
Leading Successful Teams
Cancellation charges apply as follows:
- 20-6 working days before the course starts: £100
- Less than 5 working days before the course starts: £200
Mental Health First Aid - 2 Day workshop
Those enrolling onto this course are expected to attend on both dates that the course is running.
- If a delegate cancels the course 5 days prior to the first day of the course then a £100 cancellation fee will be charged.
- Where a person attends day one of the course, but not day two, the delegate will have to re-enrol for the entire course and pay the full course fee again. Re-enrolment for day 2 only of a future course is not possible.
Only in the most extremely extenuating circumstances will be a fee waiver be considered.
Postdoc and fellows Development Centre - Residential Courses
If a cancellation is made less than 15 working days before the residential course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the participant’s department. For cancellations received with less than 10 days’ notice, the PFDC will charge the full amount for the course.
- Two-day residential course: £250
- Three-day residential courses: £350
Postdoc and fellows Development Centre – ADDITIONAL COURSES
Because of the additional preparation required for the following courses, there is a fee for cancellations made less than 15 working days prior to the course start date for:
- Discovering Your Teamwork Strengths
- Planning for Success Beyond Your Postdoc
- Writing Tools for Research Publication Success
Because trainers meet with participants one-to-one, a £100 fee will be levied for cancellations made less than 5 working days before One-to-One Voice Coaching Sessions
Springboard Women’s Development Programme
If a cancellation is made less than 10 working days before the course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the delegate’s department
Part-time staff attending training in their own time
When part-time members of staff attend training sessions outside of their normal working hours they may be entitled to time off in lieu (TOIL) or payment at plain time as follows:
- Where training is required for the individual to carry out their role, they will receive TOIL or payment at their normal rate
- Where training is for personal development but not imperative to the role, TOIL/payment will be at the manager’s discretion
Please note, participants’ names and departments/divisions/faculties are made available to other attendees who are on the same workshop.
Workshop participants' data are stored in a database for the purpose of recording attendance at workshops, providing statistical information and maintaining individuals and faculty/departmental/divisional training records. Individual's training records will be available to managers in the individual's faculty/department/division, staff with responsibility for staff development/HR (e.g. Departmental administrators, Heads of Department, Safety Officers) and appropriate administrative divisions.
- Learning and Development Centre: +44 (0)20 7594 5558 / 2927 / 1926
- Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre: +44 (0)20 7594 1133 / 2781
- Equality: +44 (0)20 7594 3489
- Finance: +44 (0)20 7594 1536 / 8855