Terms and conditions
The EU's new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR is now in effect.
Who is eligible to attend our programmes
Students are not eligible to attend our courses and programmes. Our provision is dedicated to the development of staff.
Our priority is to train our staff (including casual staff), and we tailor our workshops to suit their needs. However, we also welcome applications from:
- Imperial College NHS Trust staff whose staff may attend at the same fee rate as internals (usually no fee)
- External organisations (including other NHS Trusts) and individuals who may attend courses not deemed 'internal only'. The full external rate will apply in such cases and be charged in advance. Note that all applicants must be residents of the UK.
Whilst we will aim to provide places to external applicants on all relevant programmes, priority will be given to the needs of internal staff.
Confirmation and joining instructions
Please ensure you have your manager's approval before booking a course.
You will typically receive confirmation that you have been booked on a course by email. Joining instructions will usually be issued two weeks before the course. These emails sender ID is:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that this address is not monitored and does not accept incoming emails)
Please ensure that you are available for the entire duration of the course. Late arrivals will be admitted at the discretion of the course leader. If you arrive too late to join the class, your place will be forfeited, and you may incur a cancellation fee (see 'Cancellations' below).
What do I do if I can't attend a course?
Email the course coordinator and let them know the name and date of the course. Your booking confirmation and joining instructions emails give the coordinator's contact details.
Alternatively, you can:
- Email email@example.com although it may take longer for your email to get to the right person.
- For Safety Training courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre courses, please email email@example.com
- For Finance Training courses, please email Finance-Training@imperial.ac.uk
Please ensure that you receive acknowledgement of your cancellation request – College Employees can also check their Training History via 'My Training' to see up-to-date enrolments.
You may be asked for additional details if you cancel less than five working days before a course when a cancellation charge will apply (see below).
Waiting Lists for Our Courses
- For all Finance courses, email Finance-Training@imperial.ac.uk to express your interest in a course (for yourself or your team) – please include the full course name and if you are interested in a particular date.
We may be able to suggest alternatives or, in some cases, contact you if a space becomes available.
If a cancellation is made less than five working days before the course (For example, cancellations for courses taking place on a Monday should be received no later than the Monday of the previous week to avoid a charge), the following charges apply:
Cancellation fees do not apply in cases of extenuating circumstances.
1. Courses without a fee (internal only) unless specified in section 3
- Full-Day(s) - £100 per day
- Half-Day (3 hours or more) - £50
- Less than Half Day - £25
2. Courses with a fee: the full course fee will be charged.
Individuals paying for their course can also cancel within seven days of booking or up to 5 working days before the course.
3. Courses with different conditions:
Biosafety Practitioner (Level 1)
For this particular programme, cancellation charges apply as follows:
- After the advertised closing date: 50% of the course fee for external delegates; £200 for internal delegate
- Less than five working days before the course starts, 100% of the course fee for external delegates; £ 400 for internal delegates.
Cryogenic Gases and Decanting Liquid Nitrogen and Compressed Gases and Connecting Gas Regulators
For these particular programmes, cancellation charges apply as follows:
- If a delegate cancels the course five days before the first day, we will charge a £50 cancellation fee.
Leading Successful Teams
Cancellation charges apply as follows:
- 20-6 working days before the course starts: £100
- Less than five working days before the course starts: £200
Mental Health First Aid - 2 Day workshop
Those enrolling on this course are expected to attend on both dates that the course is running.
- If a delegate cancels the course five days before the first day, we will charge a £100 cancellation fee.
- Where a person attends day one of the course but not day two, the delegate will have to re-enrol for the entire course and pay the full course fee again. Re-enrolment for day two only of a future course is not possible.
Only in the most highly extenuating circumstances will a fee waiver be considered.
Postdoc and fellows Development Centre - Residential Courses
If a cancellation is made less than 15 working days before the residential course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the participant's department. For cancellations received with less than ten days' notice, the PFDC will charge the full amount for the course.
- Two-day residential course: £250
- Three-day residential courses: £350
Postdoc and fellows Development Centre – ADDITIONAL COURSES
Because of the additional preparation required for the following courses, there is a fee for cancellations made less than 15 working days before the course start date for:
- Discovering Your Teamwork Strengths
- Planning for Success Beyond Your Postdoc
- Writing Tools for Research Publication Success
Because trainers meet with participants one-to-one, a £100 fee will be levied for cancellations made less than five working days before One-to-One Voice Coaching Sessions.
Springboard Women's Development Programme
If a cancellation is made less than ten working days before the course start date, a £100 charge will be levied from the delegate's department.
IMPACT, Calibre, and Imperial As One Media Academy
In line with the other courses that EDIC and POD offer, there will be cancellation and no-show charges as follows:
- Those enrolling on this course are expected to attend all the sessions of the course.
- If a delegate cannot attend the course, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If a cancellation is made less than ten working days before the course start date, a cancellation fee of £100 will be levied.
- If a delegate misses one session, a £50 charge will be levied, but they can stay on the course and complete the other sessions.
- If a delegate misses more than one session, a £150 charge will be levied. The delegate will be taken off the course and will have to re-enrol next year unless agreed with the course organiser.
- Cancellation fees do not apply in cases of extenuating circumstances.
Part-time staff attending training in their own time
When part-time members of staff attend training sessions outside of their regular working hours, they may be entitled to time off in lieu (TOIL) or payment at plain time as follows:
- Where training is required for the individual to carry out their role, they will receive TOIL or payment at their standard rate
- Where training is for personal development but not imperative to the role, TOIL/payment will be at the manager's discretion.
Please note that participants' names and departments/divisions/faculties are available to other attendees in the same workshop.
Workshop participants' data are stored in a database to record attendance at workshops, provide statistical information, and maintain individuals and faculty/departmental/divisional training records. Individual training records will be available to managers in the individual's faculty/department/division, staff responsible for staff development/HR (e.g. Departmental administrators, Heads of Department, Safety Officers) and appropriate administrative divisions.
- People and Organisational Development : +44 (0)20 7594 5558 / 2927 / 1926
- Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre: +44 (0)20 7594 1133 / 2781
- Equality: +44 (0)20 7594 3489
- Finance: +44 (0)20 7594 1536 / 8855