Coaching Skills for Managers
Information and Booking
Trainers: Judy Barnett and Lindsay Comalie - Imperial College
Cost: Internal no charge. External not available
Duration: 1 day (09:30 - 16:30)
28 February - Fully booked
The one day workshop is designed for leaders and managers at all levels who are interested in creating a culture of self-motivation and growth in their teams.
It builds on the quality conversations and feedback models covered in Core Modules 1 - 2 of the ILMDP.
This practical training session helps to build confidence in incorporating coaching approach as a valuable skill in a range of management situations and how coaching skills can be embedded in everyday conversations to engage with people on a deeper level.
It will review the principles, skills and models of coaching, including the GROW model, and introduce a team coaching approach, and will give opportunities to practice coaching skills to build empowering conversations.
Who should attend
This workshop is open to anyone in a leadership and management role who wants to enhance their ability to use coaching skills as part of their leadership approach to managing and leading staff.
- When, where and how coaching can be used to lead and develop people and teams effectively
- Review of coaching techniques, skills and mind-set
- Coaching practice – focus on listening, questioning and presence
- Emotional intelligence, Transactional Analysis and coaching
- Review of GROW and practical exercise in triads
- Team coaching overview