Working with Enterprise
Find new ways to turn your research into benefits for society, with support from Enterprise.
Imperial has an excellent track record of delivering impact through working with industry and commercialising our research. Working in partnership with industry lies at the heart of the College’s enterprising ecosystem and our partners make our work possible and help us deliver benefit to society.
Imperial’s Enterprise division supports academics in maximising the impact of their discoveries. This may be achieved by working with industry through industrial research partnerships and consultancy, by protecting intellectual property and commercialising research through licensing or spin-out companies, or providing access to accelerator programmes, prototyping facilities or incubator spaces.
This session supports academics who are in the early stages of building industry connections, or who would like to begin to explore opportunities which could help to maximise the impact of their research through engaging with industry, commercialisation or other routes.
This course will present an overview of the current landscape, discuss modes of engagement and direct you to support available in College
- Learn what the Enterprise Division does, and how it could benefit you.
- Understand Imperial’s approach to industrial collaboration, consultancy, and commercialisation of research, and the scope of support services available to Imperial researchers.
- Understand the opportunities working with industry can bring.
- Learn more about how working with industry can increase the impact of your work.
- Identify the most appropriate mechanism of industry engagement for your work and the best route to impact.
- Explore and analyse the complexities of industrial engagement in research, consultancy, commercialisation, acceleration, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Develop networking links amongst a varied mix of Faculty peers which could in turn lead to new collaborations
Who should attend?
This session is designed for academics who are beginning to develop industrial connections, are interested in exploring opportunities, or who would like to know more about Imperial’s approach and support.