Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme (ILMDP)
Overview of the programme:
We are happy to announce that we have moved part of ILMDP provision to virtual space, this being:
Recruitment & Selection, Introduction to Management, Core 1 - Introduction to managing groups and teams, Coaching skills for managers.
Some of the workshops will stay in a day delivery mode, which usually is 9:30-12:00 and 14:00-16:30 of active participation with 12:00–14:00 lunch break (in some cases it may involve up 30min self-directed study) or will be split into half days.
The Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme supports and develops Imperial leaders and managers from their initial steps into management through to senior roles. The intent is to create a cohort of managers that others want to work with and who are focused on both results and people.
The programme is modular so that leaders and managers can progress through at a pace that suits them. Before you start, it is important to consider time commitment you and your manager will be making to fully participate in this programme, in order to complete it in 2 to 3 years. This Programme planner will help you schedule your training activities evenly over this period of time.
If you have completed any of the required elements (except for the Recruitment and Selection course, which has specific requirements) within 5 years of enrolling on ILMDP, these can be credited to the programme as long as they have been validated by CMI and haven’t been significantly updated since you completed the course.
Eligibility to participate in the programme
To participate in the Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme delegates will need to currently manage staff at Imperial. This includes:
- Allocating work to others
- Monitoring and giving feedback on the work of others
- Contributing to or conducting the PRDP of other staff
- You will also need to have attended the course Introduction to Management at Imperial College
How to apply
To make an informed decision (time commitment, interest etc.), please attend the course Introduction to Management at Imperial first as a standalone module.
If you are then interested in enrolling on the programme, please complete and submit the Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme (ILMDP) application form.
No applications will be processed unless you attend this course and complete the post-course CPD module first.
A member of the LDC will then contact you within 48 hours.
For further information about this programme contact: Céline Bleziri, the ILMDP Coordinator in the Learning and Development Centre.
Delegates are expected to:
- Indicate commitment to the programme
- Ideally discuss leadership and management aspirations with your line manager and within the PRDP process
- plan your workload accordingly to fit in attendance of face to face courses and other elements of the programme
- book on courses early to secure your place
- be committed to your CPD activities
- inform LDC in case of any additional time required by you to complete the programme.