Information and Booking
Trainers: Gill Martin - External Consultant
Cost: Internal no charge. External not available
Duration: 1 day (09:30 - 17:00)
Feedback from past participants
"The course is very well balanced between theory and practical group work. The delivery is excellent and never dull."
"The course was very well presented, a good group, and a great topic. Very relevant to my work."
"Exceeded my expectations. Useful to apply to own situation throughout. Group size (12 delegates) was very conducive to discussion in-depth."
“In too many situations the improvements have been disappointing and the carnage has been appalling.” J P Kotter
This intensive one-day course offers a framework, tools and perspectives to strengthen managers’ ability to lead effective change initiatives: to achieve desired improvements without the appalling carnage. The emphasis throughout the day is on relating theory to a real change initiative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for leaders and managers in Imperial who are actively involved in leading and implementing change. Delegates must be actively involved – or about to be involved – in a piece of change that they will discuss and work on throughout the course. This course is highly interactive and numbers will be limited to twelve.
It is an elective in the Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme and is also open to those not in the Programme.
By the end of the programme, delegates will be able to:
- Articulate a clear action plan for their area of change
- Use a framework for leading change to strengthen their actions and diagnose gaps
- Identify their personal response to change
- Consider reactions of others to change and strategies for aiding their adaptation
- Identify and plan to manage the most common pitfalls in successful change programmes
There are two pieces of preparatory work required prior to this course.
- Write a short paragraph outlining the change initiative you are involved in and, bring it to the course.
- A self-assessment exercise will be sent to you approximately 10 days before the beginning of the course. You need to complete it and bring it with you to the course. It will be sent by internal mail using your address on the College directory.
For this course, you can submit a booking form to be added to our interest list if a date is showing as "Fully booked".