Overview of the programme
To complete the programme and receive certification and recognition, each participant will have completed:
1 Prerequisite module:
2 Core modules:
* This course is designed for people who manage a team of a reasonable size and/or their role requires them to strongly influence the work and productivity of other people’s teams, such as Departmental Operational Managers. This course also includes a 360° review
Other mandatory and elective modules can be completed in any order before, between or after taking the three Core face to face modules.
3 e-learning modules:
At least 3 elective modules:
- Decision Making (0.5 day)
- Harassment – The Management Perspective (0.5 day)
- Influencing and Negotiating Skills (1 day)
- Introduction to Operational Excellence Techniques (1 day)
- Introduction to Project Management (1 day)
- Coaching Skills for Managers (1 day)
- Leading Change (1 day)
- Managing Difficult Situations (1 day)
- Managing for Wellbeing (0.5 day) – Currently under review
- Safety Leadership Training (0.5 day)
- Unconscious Bias (0.5 day)
You can check your progress on ICIS (see demo animation)
Please note that the 2 first core modules must be attended in order as shown below, with a gap of at least 6 months between core 1 and 2. It is essential that you allow this gap in order to let the learning ‘sink in’ and to be able to apply and practice new management techniques in real life situations.
The other mandatory and elective modules can be completed in any order.