Introduction to Project Management for all Staff
Information and Booking
Trainer: Ian Skerritt - External Consultant
Cost: Internal: No charge, External: Not available.
This course is available for Imperial staff only.
Duration: 1 day (09:30 - 16:30)
This one day course will provide an introduction to the principles and skills of effective project management. It takes delegates through the stages of the life cycle of a project from initiation to completion and evaluation.
Who should attend
It is intended for staff who have a clear remit to achieve specific objectives with clearly-defined start and end points, which are separate from ongoing day-to-day activities. The range and scale of projects that participants manage may be wide.
It is an elective in the Imperial Leadership and Management Development Programme and is also open to managers and non-managers not on the Programme.
- Be aware of what a project is
- Appreciate the role of the project manager
- Identify the basic principles and techniques of project management
- Apply techniques of project planning, scheduling and risk assessment
- Identify project stakeholders and understand ways of managing the relationship with them
We also have the course: Planning and Managing Research Projects in Academia, which is more tailored to the needs of Post-doctoral research staff