GOAL - Setting goals for the learning project in general or this particular coaching session.
- What exactly do you want to achieve? By when?
- If your goal is long-term, can you set some sub-goals along the way?
- How much of this is within your own control?
REALITY - Checking and raising awareness of the situation right now
- What have you done to move towards this goal?
- What constraints are there within our outside yourself that stop you?
- How might you overcome them?
- What’s really stopping you?
OPTIONS - Finding alternative strategies and solutions
- What could you do to move towards this goal?
- What else?
- If resources were not a factor what could you do?
- What would happen if you did nothing?
- Is there anybody you admire who does this really well? What do they do which you could try?
WILL - Testing your commitment to your goal/making realistic plans to reach it.
- Which option will you choose?
- What obstacles might you meet? How will you overcome them?
- Who else needs to help and support you in your plan?
- When specifically will you take the first step in your plan?
- What are you holding tight to that may not be serving you well right now?
- How might reaching out for support serve you better?
- How could you seek support in productive rather than burdensome ways?
- As a leader or team member, how will you reach out to support others on your team?
- How can you collaborate to advance shared learning through the challenges you face?
- How might a different perspective help guide you in making difficult decisions?
- What relationships are important for your growth?
- How can you give these more attention?
- How do you reciprocate?