Being your Most Effective Self in the Workplace
Information and Booking
Trainer: Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
Cost: Internal, no charge. Please check our cancellation fees before booking
Duration: 4 hours (09:30-13:30)
Format: In person
06 March - Fully booked
Accessibility: Please notify us of any requirements you may have in the "Special Instructions" box on ICIS.
This practical course will enable participants to increase their personal effectiveness in the workplace by fostering collaboration and valuing our contributions to work and working relationships.
This is an in-person, half-day training course, which is designed to provide participants with:
- Increased self-awareness - recognising and acknowledging the skills, knowledge and experience that we (and others) bring into the workplace.
- Tips and techniques to enhance our “presence” in the workplace and how this can help us improve our interactions with others.
- Techniques for active listening and reading - discovering the value of active listening/reading and practising techniques to ensure that we understand where others are coming from so that we can respond appropriately.
- A chance to explore the idea of communication as a means to achieve a number of goals and an increased understanding of how our communication style will need to change depending on our audience and situation.
- An opportunity to consolidate the learning from the day by identifying clear and tangible actions which participants will commit to taking forward after the course.