Impactful Job Applications: CV and application writing workshop
Information and Booking
Trainer: Janine Waldman
Cost: Internal no charge
External not available
Duration: 2 hours
01 November - Online - Fully booked
Keeping your CV up to date and improving your application writing skills naturally supports the process of getting a new job. This page provides some helpful reading and resources to help you do so.
We recommend you explore coaching and mentoring at Imperial, as these individual relationships allow you to focus on your confidence and development, evidencing why you are the best person for the job.
Our Career Moves offering will also help you when pulling together your CV and application. It provides benefits around career moves you may have taken, along with some reflection on skills, interests and attributes.
We also offer a two-hour workshop that focuses on application and CV writing. During this interactive workshop, you will:
- Explore your skills and accomplishments
- Learn how to write a CV in a way that is relevant and impactful
- Get top tips for application forms and cover letters
- Share and improve your own CV/application
- The biggest resume mistake – LinkedIn article
- The Resume Writing Guide: Lisa McGrimmon
- ultimate LinkedIn cheat-sheet (imperial.ac.uk)
- How to write an impressive CV and Covering Letter: Tracey Whitmore
- Powerful Verbs That Will Make Your Resume Awesome
- What is a CV for - John Lees
- Seven Things That Will Wreck Your CV - John Lees