Leading with Mental Health in mind
Leading with Mental Health will challenge stigma and give leaders the practical tools to spot the signs of ill-health. Our proactive approach to mental health aims to stop illness and enable early intervention. This promotes quicker recovery for the individual, limits the impact of ill-health on the College and helps employees be the best they can be. Upskilling yourself in this way boosts resilience, promotes engagement, and enhances staff loyalty.
This course is designed for Managers at the College. Delegates must complete the Mental Health First Aid Half Day training before making the booking request.
To prepare you for the course, we suggest you review the ‘HSE-Management Standards and Guidelines’ in our resources section, and of course, book onto re-cap on the Mental Health First Aid content.
- What is mental health, and how can we promote positive mental health at work
- How to identify triggers & symptoms of low mental health and common mental illnesses
- The ALI model to have confident conversations around mental health, supporting individuals & directing them to appropriate professional support.
- Roleplay, group activities & case studies to practice skills learnt
- Tips on managing when someone is signed-off work, including return-to-work interviews, reasonable adjustments, ongoing support & advance statements
- Confidence in managing confidentiality, promoting diversity and inclusion and maintaining healthy boundaries when supporting someone unwell