Managing Upwards (Online)
Information and Booking
Trainer: Brenda Lewis – External Consultant
Cost: Internal, no charge. External not available
Duration: 3 hours
05 December - Fully booked
Managing upwards involves proactively managing the relationship with your manager and changing the way that you operate to achieve both of your goals.
This session will support you to:
- Understand your Manager’s style and approach
- Use tools to build an effective relationship with your manage
- Effectively communicate and discuss your needs and ideas
As part of this activity, we offer a half-day workshop designed to provide delegates with space to reflect on their relationship with their managers and to identify strategies to work more effectively together.
As a result of the workshop, the delegates would be able to:
- Identify how to manage and develop their relationship with their manager by getting to know their motivation, expectations, and preferences
- Use a variety of strategies to support managers in achieving their goals whilst also achieving their own
- Use a variety of strategies to manage common challenges in the relationship