Self-Compassion in the Workplace - Online
Information and Booking
Trainer: Dr Amanda Super
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 90 minutes
05 October - Online
15 December - Online
This web page provides a full reading list and resources that support your thinking around self-compassion. Self-compassion is an important component of wellbeing, and we encourage some self-study by utilising the information and resources available to you.
We offer a 90-minute session focused on considering our development of Self-Compassion and how this approach can enable us to be happier, healthier and more resilient at work.
This is a facilitated discussion, introduction to the theory and practice of self-compassion and the opportunity to participate in a reflective space.
- FIERCE SELF-COMPASSION - How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power, and Thrive Kristin Neff
- Christopher Germer (2009) The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions. Guilford Press: USA
- Kristin Neff (2011) Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind. William Morris: USA
- Paul Gilbert (2009) The Compassionate Mind (Compassion Focused Therapy). Constable: EU
- Monica Worline and Jane Dutton (2017) Awakening Compassion at Work: The Quiet Power that Elevates People and Organisations. Berrett-Koehler: USA
- Brene Brown (2018) Dare to Lead. Vermillion: London
- Nelisha Wickremasinghe (2018) Beyond Threat. Triarchy Press: UK
- Amanda Super (2015) A Year of Self-Compassion: Finding Care, Connection and Calm in Our Challenging Times. Matador: UK (also available via www.creatingcompassion.com )
- Health and Wellbeing internal web pages
- Calm – YouTube channel
- Calm – Meditation and Sleep app
- The Mindfulness app
- Kristin Neff - Self-Compassion
- Christopher Germer - http://www.mindfulselfcompassion.org
- Paul Gilbert - http://www.compassionatemind.co.uk
- Centre for mindful self-compassion - http://www.centerformsc.org
- Centre for compassion and altruism research and education - http://ccare.stanford.edu/tag/ccare/
- Greater Good Science Center - http://greatergood.berkeley.edu
- Amanda Super – http://creatingcompassion.com