Introduction to Purchasing
Information and Booking
Trainer: Finance Training Officer
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Cancellation fees apply
Duration: 3 hours (times TBC)
Contact details: Apurvi Northam, firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7594 8855
TBC - Please contact Apurvi Northam
Who should attend
The course is aimed at new users of the ICIS system who need to process Purchase Orders through iProcurement. This course will enable users to become familiar with the principles of iProcurement.
Hands-on practical demonstrations and course exercises will be provided.
There will be plenty of opportunities to raise issues and problems that need explanation or clarification.
Key areas (IProcurement)
- Navigation within Oracle Applications
- Overview of Purchasing within Imperial College
- Overview of Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- Overview of Oracle iProcurement
- Setting up of Core and Default Profile options
- Creation and approval of Project and Non-Project-related Requisitions
- Notifications and status of Purchase Orders
Key Areas (Supplier selection)
- How the College selects preferred suppliers
- Large value orders
Terms and conditions
Cancellation fees will be charged for Finance Training courses cancelled less than 5 days before the training date. For further information, please refer to Terms and conditions.
For a full list of training on research systems and processes, please check the Research Support web page.