Emotional Intelligence for technicians
Information and Booking
Trainer: Suhel Miah from HEaTED
Cost: Internal, no charge.
External, not available
Duration: One day
03 March - 09:45-16:15
Who should attend
This is a special session for technical staff and managers at Imperial. The ability to understand, recognise and manage emotions positively, both in ourselves and in others, is a powerful tool that can boost capability, performance and career goals. This session will consider the four key attributes of Emotional Intelligence (EI): self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management. The aim is to equip technical staff and managers to develop their behavioural competencies by understanding how they perceive and express themselves. Importantly, it will enable them to consider how they can effectively utilise EI, especially in decision-making, and meet the demands and pressures of the workplace.
- Introduction to Emotional Intelligence and its impact in the workplace
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness and relationship management
- Problem-solving, reality testing and impulse control
- Emotional Intelligence and stress management