Information and Booking
Trainers: Imperial Staff
Cost: Internal, no charge.
External not available.
Duration: Online activities throughout the day
Who should attend
All staff who are new or nearly new. You will be welcomed to Imperial by senior staff and have the opportunity to meet new staff from across the College.
There will be a presentation providing an overview of the organisation and highlighting important issues currently facing the College. The event closes with an exhibition-style section, allowing you to meet existing staff and approach various departments with your own questions.
- Learn about Imperial College's history, the present day and its future
- Meet both new and existing staff from the College community
- Please find out about services and benefits available from our exhibitors
Please note there will be no campus tour at this event due to safety concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This event is designed to complement, not replace, the local induction given to you by your department or division. New staff can also find helpful information on the College's staff pages.
Welcome Event for New Starters
After attending Imperial Insights, you will be invited to an on-campus follow-up event where you will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on your induction experience so far
- Get to know other colleagues in Imperial and start to build your network of contacts
- Learn more about POD services and ask our team any questions that you may have
We will be running the Welcome Event for New Starters throughout the academic year as part of a full induction and as an opportunity to network with colleagues on campus following feedback from new starters.