Academic Overload: How to Better Balance Your Competing Commitments
Information and Booking
Trainer: Dr Serena Sharma from AcademEase
Internal, no charge.
External not available
Duration: 1.5 hours (15.30 - 17.00)
Do you feel overwhelmed by your to-do list? Do you willingly sacrifice leisure time for the sake of your work? Do you feel overloaded and exhausted at the end of each day?
It is not uncommon to find academics juggling their workloads alongside many other responsibilities. Whether publishing, teaching preparation, attending conferences, applying for jobs, or maintaining personal commitments – having multiple and competing commitments can often leave academics feeling depleted, with minimal to no downtime.
This interactive workshop will explore the challenges of academic overload and ways to move beyond it. You will learn practical tools to balance your professional and personal commitments while enhancing your enjoyment and sense of fulfilment in all areas.
Who should attend?
This session would be beneficial for academics juggling their workloads alongside other responsibilities.
- Reflect on the challenges and rewards of being an academic
- Consider the impact of stress and strategies for minimising stress
- Discover how to become more aware of thought patterns
- Learn to prioritise the various tasks on your to-do list
- Discover how to approach each task with greater ease and enjoyment