Managing sickness absence
A 2-hour workshop run by the Employee Relations team. It provides line managers with advice on managing long and short-term sickness absences within their team. The workshop includes guidance on the College’s Sickness Absence policy and includes an interactive session where you can seek advice on real-life scenarios and manage these in line with the College Policy and Values.
As a manager, your role is to effectively manage and plan for your staff’s absence from work, conduct return to work interviews and ensure your staff knows their responsibilities for recording absence on the College system TeamSeer.
- Provides line managers with advice on managing long and short term sickness absence within their team.
- Guidance on the College’s Sickness Absence policy
- Get advice on real-life scenarios and manage these in line with the College Policy and Values.
Please visit the HR Sickness absence pages to find out your responsibilities as a manager:
- Bradford Score Index
- Your responsibilities of supporting your team member
- Set a clear process of communication of how staff informs you about sickness
- Manage for short-term sickness
- Manage for long-term sickness
- What support is available e.g., referral to Occupational Health, Confidential Care, recommended reasonable adjustments
- Return to work meeting with your staff
Information about managing annual leave can be found on the Annual leave HR pages.