Conflict Management in Teams
Information and Booking
Trainer: JJ Lynch, Leading Edge Leadership Ltd.
Cost: Internal, no charge. Please check our cancellation fees before booking.
Duration: 3 hours (09:30-12:30)
Format: In person (South Kensington)
In a busy working environment, internal conflict within a team can be detrimental to morale and negatively impact the team's outcomes and results.
With the stress of delivering strategic objectives, meeting deadlines, and juggling different departmental priorities, having the ability to resolve team conflict effectively is essential in the workplace today.
Who is it for?
This training programme is designed for staff with direct line management responsibilities or supervisory roles looking after teams, direct reports, or dotted line management responsibilities.
This half-day programme (3 hours) provides practical strategies to address conflict management within teams.
In the first half of this programme (one hour), you will:
- become aware of the three elements of conflict and the four levels of conflict within a team
- understand the three principles for dealing with conflict in a team
- have identified your preferred conflict-handling style
- understand how NOT to deal with conflict
In the second half of this programme (two hours), you will:
- participate in (or observe) a range of "conflict in teams" scenarios related to the Imperial College working environment
- identify "good practice" from the conflict scenarios
- identify "not so good practice" from the conflict scenarios
- share with your colleagues what you have learned and what you will do differently when dealing with conflict within a team at Imperial College.
By the end of this half-day programme, you will:
- have a better understanding of how to deal with conflict in a team environment and have acquired a range of strategies and techniques to be able to do so
- know what "good practice" looks like
- be aware of what to avoid when handling conflict scenarios.