The Highly Effective Manager
Information and Booking
Trainer: JJ Lynch, Leading Edge Leadership Ltd.
Cost: Internal, no charge. Please check our cancellation fees before booking.
Duration: 2 days (09:30-16:30) - Please note it is mandatory to attend both days. Only book a place if you can make yourself available for both days.
Format: In person or Online (See details below)
23 (SK) & 24 October (Online)
13 (SK) & 14 December (Online)
2024: (Format TBC)
05 & 06 February
04 & 05 March
28 & 29 May
15 & 16 July
This highly interactive and practical two-day programme focuses on the manager's role and what makes a highly effective manager. Using fascinating real-life insights and everyday business examples, six key areas of management are explored in a unique way augmented with challenging practical activities, role play, multimedia and storytelling.
Who is it for?
This training programme is designed for staff with direct line management responsibilities or supervisory roles looking after teams, direct reports, or dotted line management responsibilities.
At the end of this programme, you will:
- Have identified the core skills, behaviours, and mindset of a highly effective manager.
- Know how to manage your time effectively regarding planning, prioritising, and delegating.
- Be able to manage performance effectively by writing SMART objectives, asking the "right" questions in informal conversations and knowing how to hold an effective performance review meeting.
- Know how to recruit, develop, and build a high-performing and motivated team.
- Understand the first thing that needs to happen for successful change to happen and be familiar with a simple five-step process for managing successful change.
- Be able to communicate effectively in terms of body language and the words you use, and learn how to give and receive feedback, including a technique to provide constructive feedback.