The Highly Effective Manager
Information and Booking
Trainer: JJ Lynch, Leading Edge Leadership Ltd.
Cost: Internal, no charge. Please check our cancellation fees before booking
Duration: 2 days (09:30-16:30) - Please note it is mandatory to attend both days. Only book a place if you can make yourself available for both days.
Format: In person or Online (See details below)
13 (SK) & 14 December (Online) - Fully booked
2024: (Format TBC)
05 & 06 February - Fully booked
04 & 05 March
28 & 29 May
15 & 16 July
Accessibility: Please notify us of any requirements you may have in the "Special Instructions" box on ICIS.
This highly interactive and practical two-day programme focuses on the manager's role and what makes a highly effective manager. Using fascinating real-life insights and everyday business examples, six key areas of management are explored in a unique way augmented with challenging practical activities, role play, multimedia and storytelling.
Who is it for?
This training programme is designed for staff with direct line management responsibilities or supervisory roles looking after teams, direct reports, or dotted line management responsibilities.
This training focuses on building six core areas of strength for effective managers.
- Core skills and behaviours: You will have identified the core skills, behaviours, and mindset of a highly effective manager.
- Time management: You will know how to manage your time effectively regarding planning, prioritising, and delegating.
- Managing performance: You will be able to manage performance effectively by writing SMART objectives, asking the "right" questions in informal conversations and knowing how to hold an effective performance review meeting.
- Building high-performing teams: You will know how to recruit, develop, and build a high-performing and motivated team.
- Managing change: You will better understand the first thing that needs to happen for successful change to happen and be familiar with a simple five-step process for managing successful change.
- Effective communication: You will be able to communicate effectively in terms of body language and the words you use and learn how to give and receive feedback, including a technique to provide constructive feedback.