Away from unhealthy stress. Towards positive pressure
Information and Booking
Trainer: Caroline Broad
Cost: Internal, no charge. External not available
Duration: 1.5 Hours
31 October (15:00-16:30)
Millions of people in the UK experience stress with grave consequences for their physical and emotional health and wellbeing.
Stress is part of the natural response to pressures and threats, but when in excess, it can cause lasting adverse effects.
In this workshop, we will explore the experiences and impact of workplace challenges that negatively affect our mental wellbeing. The focus is on what we already do well and on implementing new habits that, when established, support wellbeing.
The workshops include:
- An introduction to the science and research behind the topic
- Group discussion, listening to each other’s experiences and good practice
- Explore the direct application of healthy habits into participants’ life
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the physiological and mental impact of moving from pressure to stress
- Explore your stress signature and your choices in how you respond
- An introduction to three approaches to help rebalance from negative stress back to positive pressure
Participants leave having had a chance to share experiences and will have explored realistic actions to support their own or others’ wellbeing.