Building quality relationships in the workplace through Relational Mindfulness (In person)
Information and Booking
Trainer: Dr Emma Donaldson-Feilder, Affinity
Cost: Internal, no charge.
External not available
Duration: 2 half-days - (2 x 3.5 hours). Please be available to attend both sessions.
Format: In Person (SK)
16 & 23 May - In person (09:30-13:00)
The aims of this programme are for you to experience RM practice and how it can help us:
- Bring present moment and non-judgemental awareness to speaking and listening
- Build moment-by-moment awareness of our own and others’ relational patterns
- Develop supportive, collaborative relationships with a greater understanding of and kindness towards each other
- Establish more resilient ways of being in relationships and more flexible ways of dealing with challenging moments with other people
- Explore how to bring greater wisdom to our interactions with other people
- Deepen your understanding and experience of RM so that you can bring present moment, non-judgemental awareness to speaking and listening
- Build moment-by-moment awareness of your own and others’ relational patterns
- Explore more resilient ways of being in a relationship and more flexible ways of dealing with challenging moments with other people
- Understand how to develop more supportive, collaborative relationships and bring greater kindness, understanding and wisdom to interactions with others.
The two half-day in-person sessions will combine experiential activities, mainly guided individual mindfulness and RM practices, with group discussion and input on relevant frameworks and models. In RM practice, you will engage in mindful dialogues in pairs and small groups, with each pair/group practising in a different part of the room.
The two sessions will take place a week apart, and you will be invited to buddy up with at least one other participant to engage in RM practice during the intervening week. You should set aside time in your diary to allow you to do this. Guidance will be provided to support you with this buddy practice.
Programme materials provided
Before the first session, to help you prepare, you will be provided with a reflection questionnaire to complete and return, an article about RM to read and guidance on how to get the most from the session.
After the first session, as well as guidance to support you with RM buddy practice, you will be provided with reading and home practice ideas designed to support learning. After the second session, you will receive further resources to support ongoing learning and practice.