Health and Safety Training Implementation Committee
The Health and Safety Training Implementation Committee (HSTIC), currently chaired by the Deputy Director – Organisational Development and Inclusion, consists of Health and Safety professionals from the various faculties within the College. Its purpose is to identify and prioritise training needs at Imperial and provide a forum where new training initiatives can be discussed, considered and responded to. Please let us know if you use any safety training materials and would like them to be shared with a broader audience or if you would like training materials produced. HSTIC ensures that courses and materials are of the highest quality and meet the requirements of College policy and relevant legislation.
The Health and Safety Training Implementation Committee (HSTIC) will review and implement the Health and Safety Training Strategic Plan. To make decisions on development needs, priority and responsibility for delivery and record and collate information regarding health and safety training.
This Committee will play a key role in ensuring the College complies with its legal responsibilities and its moral duties as identified within College policy and practice.
The committee will meet at least once a term.
- Susan Littleson - Deputy Director - Organisational Development and Inclusion, Human Resources Division
- Surrinder Johal - Director of Safety
- Sukwinder Singh - Faculty Safety Advisor (Faculty of Medicine)
- Beth Wallis – Faculty Safety Advisor (Faculty of Engineering)
- Stefan Hoyle - Head of Health and Safety (Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- Eric Miranda - People and Organisational Development Consultant (Safety)
- Maria Grigsby - Health & Safety Compliance Manager (Campus Services)
- Vijay Tymms - Principal Teaching Fellow, Physics (Joint Unions Representative)
- Claire O’Brien - Director of Occupational Health
- John Field – Head of Fire Safety
- Denis Murphy - Head of Health and Safety (Estates Projects)
- Angela Williams - Learning and Development Officer (Estates Operations)
- email@example.com – Strategic Projects, Planning and Safety Manager (Imperial Business School)
Terms of Reference
The Committee shall comprise:
- Chair – Deputy Director - Organisational Development and Inclusion
- Director of Safety
- Director of Occupational Health
- Head of Fire Safety
- People and Organisational Development Consultant (Safety)
- Learning and Development Operations Manager
And representatives from:
|Area represented||Role of representative|
|Campus Services||Health & Safety Compliance Manager|
|Faculty of Engineering||Faculty Safety Advisor|
|Faculty of Natural Sciences||Head of Health and Safety|
|Faculty of Medicine||Faculty Safety Adviser|
|Imperial Business School||Strategic Projects, Planning and Safety Manager|
|Joint Trade Unions||Unite, Unison, UCU|
The Committee will direct the provision of Health and Safety training by:
- Annual review and update of the Health and Safety Strategic Plan.
- Identifying and prioritising training needs, including gaps identified through audits.
- Allocating responsibility between central (LDC) provision and local delivery.
- Quality Assurance of Health and Safety training to ensure standards are maintained.
- Agreeing an annual training programme
It will support the development of Health and Safety awareness by:
- Regularly reporting to Health and Safety Consultative and Environment Committees.
- Producing and circulating reports on training provision, uptake and impact.
- Providing a forum where new training initiatives can be discussed, considered and responded to.