Compressed Gases and Connecting Gas Regulators
How to book
Delegates must complete the relevant e-learning session: Compressed gases and connecting gas regulators e-learning prior to making the booking request.
You will be emailed a unique ID and a link to a booking form on successful completion of the e-learning module.
Information and Booking
Trainer: WORKSAFE GB Ltd
Cost: Internal - No charge.
External not available.
Duration: For each date, you will be able to choose from 4 sessions of 30 minutes each, starting respectively at:
13:30, 14:15, 15:00, 15:45
Unless otherwise stated, all courses are held in South Kensington.
13 October – SK - (13:30; 14:15; 15:00 are fully booked)
20 October – SK - (13:30; 14:15 is fully booked)
27 October – HM
10 November – SK
17 November – SK
24 November – SK
08 December – HM
15 December – SK
Who should attend
All staff or postgraduate students whose activities involve working with compressed gases and connecting regulators in a laboratory environment should attend this course.
Participants must complete the relevant e-learning session: Compressed gases and connecting gas regulators e-learning prior to making the booking request.
Participants must also read the Code of Practice – Gases CoP Safe handling
- Why accidents happen
- Risk assessment
- Correctly identifying gas cylinders
- Identifying potential hazards and defects of gas regulators
- Understanding how to fit a regulator to a cylinder valve
- Recognising the need to open cylinder valves slowly
- Knowing how to correctly leak test gas cylinders correctly
- Recognising the hazards involved when handling gas cylinders
- Demonstration of manual handling techniques