Cryogenic Liquids and Decanting Liquid Nitrogen
Who should attend
All staff or postgraduate students whose activities involve the use of Cryogenic Liquids and Liquid Nitrogen should attend this course. This practical course will emphasise the hazards of Liquid Nitrogen but the principles will apply to other Cryogenic Liquids.
Delegates must complete the relevant e-learning session: Cryogenic Liquids and Decanting Liquid Nitrogen prior to making the booking request.
You will be emailed a unique ID and a link to a booking form on successful completion of the e-learning module.
Delegates must read Code of Practice - Liquid nitrogen - storage, use and transportation within College premises.
- Why accidents happen
- Risk assessments
- Hazards posed by pressure
- Monitoring and Equipment inspection
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Storage and handling of cryogenics
- Practical decanting of Liquid Nitrogen
- Personal Protection Equipment