Laboratory Safety - Foundation Training
Information and Booking
Trainer: Divisional and Faculty Safety Officers
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 2 hours (09:30 - 11:30)
Who should attend
This course is intended primarily for staff and students (e.g. PhD or MRes) new to laboratory research in Imperial College laboratories. The focus is on understanding College procedures and the basic principles behind safe working in the laboratory. The course should be seen as a foundation upon which other more specialist training is provided either in the laboratory itself or by others e.g. the Safety Department. In summary, those who should attend are:
- Staff or research students new to laboratory-based research.
The course will be delivered through MS Teams
This training provides an overview of all aspects of safe working in laboratories:
- General principles of safety
- Chemical safety in the laboratory
- Uses of gases and cryogenics in the laboratory
- Introduction to genetically modified organisms
- Introduction to Risk Assessment