Laboratory Safety - Foundation Training
Information and Booking
Trainer: Faculty Safety Advisors
Cost: Internal no charge.
External not available
Duration: 2 hours (09:30 - 11:30)
Format: online via MS Teams
09 December - Fully booked
Who should attend
This course is intended primarily for staff and postgraduate students (e.g. PhD or MRes) new to laboratory research in Imperial laboratories.
The focus is on understanding College procedures and the basic principles behind safe working in the laboratory. The course should be seen as a foundation upon which another more specialist training is provided either in the laboratory itself or by others e.g. the Safety Department.
This training provides an overview of all aspects of safe working in laboratories:
- General principles of safety
- Chemical safety in the laboratory
- Uses of gases and cryogenics in the laboratory
- Introduction to genetically modified organisms
- Introduction to Risk Assessment