Ladders and Steps Inspection
Information and Booking
Trainer: Eurosafe Solutions
Cost: Internal, No charge. Please check our cancellation fees before booking.
Duration: 4 hours (12:30-16:30)
Unless otherwise stated, all courses are held in South Kensington.
Format: In Person
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone whose duty is to inspect and maintain ladders at work. Employers need to ensure ladders are in a safe condition before use and that a competent person carries out regular inspections.
Participants must have previously attended a Ladders and Steps Safety course with Eurosafe Solutions (any from August 2021 onwards). Ladders and Steps Safety courses are run on the same day as the Inspection course (09:00 – 12:00) if you would like to complete both courses on the same day.
- Know when it’s right to inspect a ladder or stepladder
- How to carry out a formal inspection
- How to record the inspection and any faults
- What action to take if defects are identified
- How to accurately record details of ladders and stepladders used within the workplace
- Current Legislation, Regulations & Guidance
- Roles & Responsibilities of Employers & Employees
- Pre-Use Checks
- Formal inspections of Ladders & Stepladders:
- Inspection Procedure
- Carrying Out an Inspection
- Frequency of Inspections
- Recording Inspections
- Advice on Repairs & Disposal Procedures
- Personal Hazard
- Theory - 10-question, multiple-choice exam
- Practical - Carrying & setting up a ladders & stepladder and completing a formal inspection