Information and Booking
Trainer: Swagelok – Neal Thathapudi
Cost: Internal - No charge.
External - Not available.
Duration: 1 day (08:45 to 17:00)
Venue: Kingley Park, Station Rd, Kings Langley WD4 8GW
Who Should Attend
This specialised course is for staff and students who need to learn the correct use of pressure fittings. Participants will gain information and practical competence in correct installation practice, ensuring safe, leak-free fluid installation reinforced by an introduction to theoretical concepts.
This is a comprehensive course and contains safety critical information. Admittance to the course cannot be guaranteed to those arriving after the start time.
Pre-course materials (videos) are available on the right hand side of this web page.
Please note that this training will be held at Swagelok training facilities.
Address: Kingley Park, Station Rd, Kings Langley WD4 8GW
Participants should meet their travel costs and seek reimbursement from their Departments.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Correct tube selection and handling (based on environmental and pressure considerations)
- Good tube handling practices (including cutting, de-burring and compensating for other variables)
- Correct and safe installation of tube fittings and incorrect practice identification
- Installation and re-tightening procedures (including pre-swaging, gaugeability)
- Tube system installation (including correct support, placement and monitoring procedures)
- Tube fitting mechanics (including safety directives on intermix and interchange)
- Thread type discussion and threaded fitting installation practices