Information and Booking
Cost: Internal - No charge.
External - Not available.
Duration: 1 day (08:45 to 17:00)
Format: In person
23 November – SK - Fully booked
21 February - SK
18 April – SK
23 May - SK
Who should attend
This specialised course is for staff and postgraduate students undertaking research who need to learn the correct use of pressure fittings.
Participants will gain information and practical competence in correct installation practice, ensuring safe, leak-free fluid installation reinforced by an introduction to theoretical concepts.
Participants should view the training videos before attending the course.
This is a comprehensive course and contains safety-critical information. Admittance to the course cannot be guaranteed to those arriving after the start time.
Pre-course materials (videos) are available on the right-hand side of this web page.
- Correct tube selection and handling (based on environmental and pressure considerations)
- Good tube handling practices (including cutting, de-burring and compensating for other variables)
- Correct and safe installation of tube fittings and incorrect practice identification
- Installation and re-tightening procedures (including pre-swaging, gaugeability)
- Tube system installation (including correct support, placement and monitoring procedures)
- Tube fitting mechanics (including safety directives on intermix and interchange)
- Thread type discussion and threaded fitting installation practices