Twitter feed - sidebar
A Twitter feed allows you to display your latest tweets directly on your page; just like the example at the bottom of this page's sidebar. It can be added to any page that has the sidebar enabled.
Before continuing, make sure the section (page) you are working on has a Sidebar (or Shared Sidebar) hidden folder so you can add the Twitter feed If not please see the instructions for adding a Sidebar folder.
There are two steps to setting up your twitter feed - getting your twitter feed embed code and adding your feed to your sidebar.
Step one: Get your twitter feed embed code
- Go to the Twitter Publish page.
- Paste your Twitter Link (in our case: https://twitter.com/imperialcollege), into What would you like to embed? box.
- Select the Embedded Timeline option. The Twitter Buttons option is not available to use in T4 and will not display on your page if selected.
- Copy the complete embed code from the window, (it begins <a class="Twitter-timeline" ...). You will need to paste this into the ocntent type in T4.
Step two: Add the Twitter feed content type to your Sidebar
- Find the hidden Sidebar (or Shared Sidebar) section for your page in your site structure;
- Click on the blue Actions button and click Create content;
- A list of content will appear. Select the item called Twitter feed; (Find out how to add a Content type)
- A form will appear. Complete the form as follows:
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||Name the content type instance, give it a concise description e.g. 'Twitter feed - training page sidebar'||Yes|
|Twitter Search Term*||This is your Twitter username e.g. '@imperialcollege'||Yes|
|Twitter Embed Code*||Go to the Twitter Publish page to generate your feed's embed code. See Step one: Get your twitter feed embed code above.||Yes|
|Twitter Link*||This the the address of your Twitter homepage e.g. https://twitter.com/imperialcollege||Yes|
|Twitter Widget -
please do not use
|Use the Embed Code option above. This option is no longer available.||No|
|Twitter height*||There are three height settings to choose from:
Default (400 pixels), Medium (800 pixels) and Tall (1200 pixels)
|Yes, but defaults to the first option
- Click Save and approve and preview your page.