When we set up a dashboard for your website we use a standard template which includes all the most important data fields to give you insights into your visitors. A example of a dashboard is shown in the image and contains the following pieces of information.
Dashboard data fields
Below is a list of all the sections of the dashboard. For a more comprehensive definintion of these terms please refer to the Google Analytics glossary.
- Date range - By default this will show the last 28 days of data, but you can use this field to change this to any time period date range you want.
- Number of users
- Average time on page
- Total unique pageviews
- % of sessions that are new
- Daily page views over the specifid date period - This also includes a comparison with the same period in the previous year.
- Page breakdown - showing data for all the pages in your website. This is sorted by unique pageviews by default, but you can sort on any column. Please note that this can take up to 30 seconds as it has to reload the data.
- Traffic sources - shows the breakdown of where people come to your site from
- Device types - desktop, tablet or mobile
- Top search queries - a list of the queries people typed into Google before they arrived at your website.
If you have any other requirements for a new dashboard or changes to an existing one, then you should contact your Faculty Web Officer.