Call to action button
Use Call to action buttons to help your users take action. They provide clickable actions for things like links to room booking pages or opening contact pages. See the example on the right. This tutorial covers adding a button to a highlight box. Make sure you have added a highlight box widget before you proceed.
Add a call to action button to your HighlightBox
- Find the hidden 'HighlightBox' page in your site structure;
- Hover over the yellow drop down button and click 'Add content';
- A list of content will appear. Select the item called 'Call to action button - HighlightBox, Sidebar';
- A form will appear. Complete the form as follows:
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||Name the block e.g. 'Call to action button - training page'. The user does not see this information.||Yes|
|Link Text*||This is the text that appears in the button that the user sees.||Yes|
|Link Internal||Use the Select link to add an internal link OR||No, but buttons must link to somewhere, or the button will not appear on the page.|
|Link External||Copy and paste URL from external website||No, but buttons must link to somewhere, or the button will not appear on the page.|
|Highlight||Select 'Highlighted' for navy blue button
Select 'Not highlighted' for a white button with blue border
|No, it will default to highlighted (navy blue).|
- Click 'Add and Approve' and preview your page.