Adding a people grid to a section
The people grid content type organises each entry into a grid that fits across the width of your page, with a maximum of six items in each row.
Each item allows you to include a photo, name, job title and link to another webpage.
Each grid can include an unlimited number of entries, and you can add multiple grids to each page to separate out groups of staff.
People grid example
Give it a try
1. Add a hidden sub-section called PeopleList
1. Add a hidden sub-section (child) called PeopleList (Case Sensitive and must be spelt correctly), directly beneath the section where your People list grid is to appear.
2. Create a second hidden sub-section beneath your PeopleList section. The name for this second sub-section MUST NOT be PeopleList but can be anything else to help you identify which list the people belong to e.g. 'Teaching fellows'.
NB: If you want multiple groups of people in your section you can create extra sub-sections below the PeopleList section to organise each different group.
3. Click Add & Approve to save.
2. Add People grid item content types
4. Add one People grid item content type, for each person, to your second sub-section. (Find out how to add a content type to a section).
Fill in the form to add content to your People grid item, as below:
|Name *||Give the people grid item a name
NB: the items will appear on your page in number/alphabetical order - therefore name the first item: "a. name", the second item: "b. name", the third: "c. name" and so on.
|Person's name *||Name of the person (for example: Dr Joe Bloggs)|
|External link||Enter a link to an external website for this person (for example: a link to their professional webpage)|
|Internal link||Create a link to a page within the TerminalFour site structure (for example: the research group site that this person belongs to)|
|Image *||Upload a photo of the person. Minimum image size: 214 x 286 pixels|
|Summary||Enter a job title or description of the person. Keep this short|
|Display item? *||Must be ticked for it to appear on the page|
* Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory
3. Add an People grid widget content type
5. Add a People grid widget content type to the section (page) where you want the list to appear.
FilL in the form:
|Name *||Give your people list a name|
|Block Title*||This title will be shown above the entire block, if switched on with the field below. Otherwise it will be an 'invisible' screenreader only heading and will ensure your page has a H2.|
|Show block title||Ticking this box will make the heading show to all users, not just screenreaders.|
|Find additional items *||Use the 'Select section' button to choose the hidden sub-section that contains the people list items|
|Display items *||Must be ticked for the people list to display|
6. Click Add & Approve
NB: If you want to include separate lists of people on a single page, you'll need to add a People grid widget for each list you want to add, making sure that each widget links (via the 'Find additional items' field) to a separate hidden sub-section beneath your 'PeopleList' section.