Changes to Personal Details
My Imperial is the College student portal, home for applications that support you with your work or study at Imperial. My Imperial is accessed using your College login.
Changes to My Personal Details
When you start as a new student at Imperial, you will need to login to My Imperial to complete your online College registration and enrolment on your programme of study. You will then be asked to re-enrol annually, at the start of each year of your programme. Enrolment opens 30 days before your programme start date. For the majority of students, this will be in September. During the enrolment process you will be asked to review and update any changes to your personal details.
Updating your legal name or date of birth:
- If your legal name or date of birth is incorrect in College records, or if you change your legal name during your studies, please send your name change request to the Student Records team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You will need official documentation showing your correct full name/date of birth (e.g. passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of name deed). Please note, we do not accept driving licences as a form of ID.
- Your degree will be awarded in your full legal name as shown in College records at the point of award conferral.
- No changes can be made to a student's name after graduation unless the name change is related to gender re-assignment in which case the College will need proof of name change such as statutory declaration of name change or Deed Poll
- You can update your preferred name at any time via the My Student Record tile in your My Imperial account
Name changes for students transitioning to a new gender identity:
- If you are in the process of transitioning but do not yet have official documentation to support a legal name change, please contact email@example.com and a member of the team will pick up your case. If you have not yet legally changed your name we can still arrange for necessary College systems to amended to your preferred name.
Updating your addresses:
- Please keep your Permanent Home, Term-Time and Emergency Contact addresses up to date in the My Imperial student portal
- Your Degree Certificate address should be updated in your final year
- On confirmation of your results, the Registry will notify you of a deadline for updating this address
Updating your emergency contact details:
- You will be asked to provide details of an emergency contact for Imperial to use if there is a concern about protecting your life or the life of others
- You will be asked to provide consent on an opt-in basis that gives Imperial permission to also use your emergency contact details if we have serious concerns about your wellbeing
- You should nominate a responsible adult of your choice; this could be a parent, legal guardian or spouse but it does not have to be. Please consider how the person you nominate would be able to support you in the event of an emergency, or where serious concerns are raised about your wellbeing
- You should inform your given contact that you will share their contact details with Imperial for emergency purposes
- If you can’t provide details of an emergency contact you should raise this with your Department Senior Tutor
- Careful consideration will be taken before using your emergency contact details. In event of a wellbeing concern, this would normally be your Faculty Senior Tutor and Student Services
- We will discuss with you our intention to approach your contact unless it is not possible or would cause critical delay
You can access My Imperial at any time throughout your studies to update your personal details.