On this page, you can easily access the most recent versions of essential and key documents relating to doctoral student supervision.
Key foundation documents:
- Mutual expectations in student supervisor partnerships [Pdf]
- What Masters students and their supervisors might mutually expect from each other [Pdf]
- Role and responsibilities research degree supervisor [Pdf]
- Defining roles and responsibilities of supervisory teams [Pdf]
- Research degree precepts [Pdf]
- Policy on research degree supervision [Pdf]
Read information about Imperial’s Values and Behaviours and Research Misconduct.
Writing up & examinations:
- Writing Up Procedure [Pdf]
- Appointment of Examiners for Research Degrees [Pdf]
- Conduct of oral exams for research degrees [Pdf]
Interruptions of study & thesis extensions:
- Appointment Process for Assistant Supervisors [Pdf]
- Framework for the Support and Development of Assistant Supervisors [Pdf]
- Roles and Responsibilities Document for Assistant Supervisors [Pdf]
Other helpful guidance:
- COVID Guidance for PGR Supervisors [Pdf]
- Giving effective feedback [Pdf]
- Advice on Graduate School Course Selection [Pdf]
- UKCGE Guide to online supervision [Pdf]
- UKCGE Good Supervisory Practice Framework [Pdf]
Find further Policies and Forms for Research Programmes, including earlier versions of documents.