As doctoral researchers, you are asked to think ahead, this can be difficult when uncertainty is core to research. Doctoral alumni say they wish they had thought more about what they wanted to do, and how best to do it. These student centred, evidence informed courses include the sharing of experience and networking to gain knowhow for your PhD and beyond.
The aims of the ‘Professional Progression Programme’are to enhance your ability to:
- Clarify your interests (within your research and beyond).
- Use strategies to rationalise and communicate your views and experience.
- Gain networks, knowhow and signposting to relevant contacts and resources.
- Devise an approach, appropriate for you, to explore what you want to do.
- Evaluate how best to prepare for and attain your goals.
Finish Up Move On +
Finish Up Move On + (FUMO +) is one of the Graduate School's flagship courses and develops invaluable skills for Doctoral students, to prepare for next steps. Aimed at mid to late stage PhD & MD(Res)students, this course is currently running as an interactive, blended, five-part webinar running over two days with pre-and post-course activities. It covers what you need to know to successfully complete your research and move on to the next phase of your career, whatever that might be.