Critical Thinking for Communication
- Tuesday 23 May 2023
09:30-11:30, South Kensington
Critical thinking is naturally enhanced with experience and increased knowledge in a subject area. This blended course will support you to understand how you can improve your critical thinking through group discussions and activities.
This blended course includes pre-course activities to complete in your own time and course activities to engage with during the live course: you will receive the credit by completing all pre-course activities and participating in all course activities
Pre-course activities (duration: about 1h) include a video to watch and a short task, which will help you to enhance and practice your critical thinking and critical writing in preparation for group discussions.
During the live course you will discuss in groups the pre-course activity to further improve your critical thinking and to give/receive peer-feedback. Live sessions are available on different dates as online interaction or as in-person workshop. Please check details when booking.
- The deadline for registration is 2 weeks before the live course to allow the completion of pre-course activities.
- You will need to upload your pre-course activities by 17h the day before the live course (you will receive details from the tutor by email).
On completion of this blended course you will be better able to:
- Define the meaning of “critical thinking”
- Identify techniques to critique when reading
- Employ strategies to demonstrate critique when writing
- Evaluate your work through self-critique
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On. Bookings will close two weeks before each live session.