- Thursday 19 January 2023
09:30-11:30, Microsoft Teams
- Tuesday 07 March 2023
13:30-15:30, South Kensington
- Tuesday 09 May 2023
09:30-11:30, South Kensington
- Monday 05 June 2023
13:30-15:30, Microsoft Teams
The thesis communicates results and shows the contribution of a research project to its field. This blended course will support you in the preparation of your thesis following the Imperial College regulations.
This blended course includes mandatory pre-course activities to complete in your own time and course activities to engage with during the live course: you will receive the credit by completing all pre-course activities and participating in all course activities.
Pre-course activities (duration about 1h30) will prepare you for the live session: you will have short videos to watch, which will provide you with information, advice and strategies to start focussing on your thesis. You will need to complete tasks to practice strategies from videos such as start structuring your thesis. You can benefit from these simple activities even if you are in your first year, they can support you also with the preparation of your ESA as well as reports.
The live course will support you in verifying the learning from the videos, clarifying doubts and working in small groups to receive/give peer-feedback on the tasks you completed. Live sessions are available on different dates as online interaction or as in-person workshop. Please check details when booking.
- This blended course is open to all doctoral students, from 1st year to final year
- The deadline for registration is 2 weeks before the live course to allow the completion of pre-course activities
- This course does not cover grammar and the use of software
- You will need to upload your pre-course activities by 17h the day before the live course (you will receive details from the tutor by email).
On completion of this blended course you will be better able to:
- Identify steps to be effective in writing.
- Employ writing strategies and creativity.
- Plan the writing of the thesis and presentation of your research.
- Develop a personal writing method and scientific writing style.
- Evaluate the quality of the final product/writing.
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On. Bookings will close two weeks before each live session.