Data Processing with R
Tutor: Dr John Pinney
Course Level: Level 2
Course Credit: 1 credit
Prerequisites: Introduction to R (or equivalent prior learning)
Duration: 2 x 2.5 hour sessions
Format: Microsoft Teams with live teaching and hands-on practice
Building on the material covered by Introduction to R, this workshop will introduce the tidyverse packages, which support advanced data processing and visualisation in R.
- R as a data-handling environment
- The tidyverse packages
- Reading tabular data with readr
- Tidying data with tidyr
- Transforming data with dplyr
- Data visualisation with ggplot2
- Applying statistical tests to tabular data
After completing this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Use R to import and tidy tabular data.
- Combine data from multiple sources.
- Transform data to generate derived variables.
- Apply statistical tests to data in R.
- Create high-quality data visualisations.
Dates & Booking Information
There are no further sessions taking place this academic year. Course dates for 2023-24 will be available to book from late September.
To book your place, please follow the booking process advertised on the main programme page