Intellectual Property (Online Course)
This course aims to equip you with a working knowledge of the concept of Intellectual Property (IP), and an awareness and understanding of the basic principles surrounding IP rights, such as patents, copyright, design rights, and other forms of IP. An understanding of IP and its application is important for all students; for those intending to continue in academia as well as those intending to enter the commercial world after graduation.
On completion of this online course you will be able to:
- Identify all key intellectual property rights, their use, and how they are obtained.
- Indicate what a patent is and evaluate how to obtain one for your invention
- Think critically on how relevant a patent is in the digital age
- Analyse the various types of licenses to better understand the commercial significance of research results
- Assess the potential IP in a new invention or business idea
Course Enrolment Information
In order to self-enrol onto the course, please follow the instructions: Ensuring Integrity: Intellectual Property (all academic years)