Choosing your module preferences
The I-Explore module selection period is 11 May – 8 June 2022.
During the module selection period, you should choose six modules and rank them in order of preference, using the I-Explore module selection platform.
Take a look through the modules available to you. On these webpages, you’ll find information about the content, teaching and learning approaches, and assessments associated with each of our modules. Please do note that this information is indicative and may be subject to change:
Keep the following in mind when choosing your 6 preferences:
- I-Explore modules are allocated via an algorithm which aims to maximise overall group happiness i.e., it aims to provide all students with one of their highly ranked modules. However, each module has a limited capacity and it is therefore possible that you will be assigned your fourth, fifth or sixth choice.You should consider each of your choices carefully.
- The maximum number of BPES modules that you can pick is 4
- Languages modules can only be selected as a first or second choice preference. Please note that Languages modules in I-Explore start at Level 2. Level 2 modules require a GCSE or Level 1 Horizons course (or equivalent)
- Do not choose a BPES module if you are planning to switch to a “with management” degree. Due to the overlap with core content, you will not be eligible to enroll onto a “with management” degree if you take a BPES module.
- If you are on a study abroad programme and need to increase your proficiency in a foreign language, you will find that your I-Explore module choice is restricted to your foreign language module (language classes are timetabled in the same slot as other I-Explore modules).
- We’ve worked hard to minimise the number of restrictions regarding the modules which you can pick. However, some restrictions may apply due to the structure or timetable of your course. For further details, please see the I-Explore FAQ.
In August, you will receive an email with details of the I-Explore module that you have been allocated.