COVID-19 Procedures for Halls
The government has published its Living with COVID-19 plan, and all COVID legal restrictions have now come to an end in England.
We are adopting a public health approach that we believe will keep our students and staff safe, including in the unique shared living environment of our halls of residence.
What to expect - part 1
We encourage you to wear a face covering in any indoor areas outside of your own bedroom and kitchen. This includes receptions, hallways, lifts and communal areas.
You are part of a household, which will normally be comprised of your immediate neighbours. You are free to socialise and mix between other households. You're no longer obliged to self-isolate if someone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, although if there is a sharp increases in cases in your hall, this guidance may change.
If you test positive for COVID-19, in order to keep our community safe, you are strongly advised to self-isolate for at least 5 days. Learn more about this on self-isolation guidelines.
What to expect - part 2
You are able host guests from outside of your hall of residence, although you will be required to register their arrival and departure. Specific guidance is available on a local basis.
We encourage you to test regularly and especially if unwell. Tests are available to purchase from local pharmacies.
Support in halls
There are many sources of support at Imperial if you are struggling.
- Your personal tutor and your Department are here to help you access the right support and services if you are experiencing any difficulties.
- Our support services are being delivered remotely, including the Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service which offers online and email counselling, as well as online workshops.
- Online Connect is a remote support group for students facilitated by mental health counsellors which gives you an opportunity to talk and connect with others if life feels unsettling and overwhelming.
- Staying active is essential for physical and mental wellbeing.
- You can find out more about support on the Student Support Zone webpage.