The information in these sections are for current residents 2022-23.
The government has published its Living with COVID-19 plan, and all COVID legal restrictions have now come to an end in England.
We are adopting a public health approach that we believe will keep our students and staff safe, including in the unique shared living environment of our halls of residence.
What to expect - part 1
Vaccination is free for everyone in the UK, including international students. We strongly recommend that you get vaccinated.
We encourage you to test regularly and especially if unwell. Tests are available to purchase from local pharmacies.
If you test positive for COVID-19, in order to keep our community safe, you are strongly advised to self-isolate for at least 5 days. Learn more about this on self-isolation guidelines.
Support in halls
There are many sources of support at Imperial if you are struggling.
- Your personal tutor and your Department are here to help you access the right support and services if you are experiencing any difficulties.
- Our support services are being delivered remotely, including the Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service which offers online and email counselling, as well as online workshops.
- Online Connect is a remote support group for students facilitated by mental health counsellors which gives you an opportunity to talk and connect with others if life feels unsettling and overwhelming.
- Staying active is essential for physical and mental wellbeing.
- You can find out more about support on the Student Support Zone webpage.
Reduce infection in halls
- Limit close contact with others. Spend as little time as possible in communal areasand respect personal space.
- Regularly clean frequently touched surfaces and shared rooms like kitchens and bathrooms.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, particularly after coughing and sneezing.
- Get help where possible from those you live with. Ask for help with cleaning and being brought food safely to avoid unnecessary contact.
- Use a face covering if you need to spend time in shared spaces.
- Keep rooms well ventilated.
- Catch coughs and sneezes in disposable tissues and put them straight in the bin.