Contract Checking Tool
Have questions about your contract?
Housing contracts can vary in length, how they are written, and what clauses they include.
Use our Contract Checking tool to help understand your contract!
A contract is a legally binding document that both you and the landlord are agreeing to abide by. They can be very difficult to get out of once you have entered them, so be sure that you know what it is you are signing.
Use our online contract checking tool!
- Read the full contract beforehand
- If you have specific questions after using our contract checking tool you can email us via email@example.com
"IN 2019 WE HELPED OVER 220 STUDENTS CHECK THEIR CONTRACTS AND SUPPORT THEM WITH DEPOSIT ISSUES"
Top tips when it comes to signing a contract:
- Get someone to look over the contract - your parents, a solicitor or use our contract checking tool
- If the landlord/agent won’t let you take the contract away to get it checked first, think twice about signing it! Do not pay any money to the landlord/agent until you are all happy with the contract
- Some landlords or letting agents ask for a holding deposit while you look over the contract. Check this is refundable if you decide not to take the property
- Make sure you get a receipt for any monies paid to the landlord/agent