Your future self is waiting for you
As the UK’s only university specialising solely in science, engineering, medicine and business, we welcome talented people from diverse backgrounds.
We know we’re missing out on valuable contributions from Black students.
That’s why we’re investing £5 million in new scholarships and studentships for Black students and others from underrepresented groups or those facing financial barriers.
Undergraduates: Find out more and apply
Postgraduates: Find out more and apply
Presidential Scholarships for Black Students
We're offering one undergraduate and one Master’s (MSc and MRes) Presidential Scholarship in each Faculty (Engineering, Medicine, Natural Sciences and Business for Master's study) for Black students with Home fee status.
- Undergraduates: covers the full cost of tuition for eligible courses;
- Postgraduates: covers tuition fees up to £18,500 for eligible Master's courses;
- includes an annual maintenance grant (Master's scholars only);
- is for 2023 entry offer holders who reply with firm acceptance of their offer by the relevant deadline;
- is non-repayable and available on top of any other funding that you may also be eligible for; and
- comes with mentoring support to help you reach your potential.
The scholarships are for Black students. To meet this eligibility criteria, you must be in one of the following ethnic categories (or their equivalent in the respective application systems):
- Black – African
- Black – Caribbean
- Black – Other
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Other Mixed background including Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background
Undergraduate applicants must also meet the criteria for our contextual admissions schemes.
Other eligibility criteria apply, depending on the level of study you're interested in.
- Apply by 26 May 2023
- You will be notified of your outcome by the end of July 2023
Find out more and apply
Read more about these scholarships and start your application.