Student in halls

Are you a returning students looking for accommodation for next year? We suggest that you begin to think now about the different options to ensure that you have the best chance of finding suitable accommodation for the next academic year.

Options for next year

Vacancies in first year halls

All first year undergraduate halls are expected to be full at the start of the new academic year.  If you are a returning undergraduate, we recommend that you do not wait until the start of term to arrange your accommodation. You can apply for Evelyn Gardens or private sector accommodation.

If we have vacancies later in the year, they will be advertised on our Vacancies in Halls page.

Hall seniors

Hall Seniors are a small number of students offered an additional year in hall, in return for assistance in running the residence and are chosen by the Hall Wardens.

Application forms are available from the first working day in February until the end of February each year, and can be obtained on each hall committees' website:

Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.

Medical/Welfare students

If you are applying to halls as a medical or welfare referral you will need to book an appointment with the college health centre or college tutors.

Private accommodation

Whilst Imperial can offer College halls accommodation for first year undergraduates and some postgraduates, the majority of students will need to arrange private accommodation for their time at Imperial College London. The Student Hub offers a range of guidance and support to help you find a place in the private sector.